Data I/O Technician
About Stereo D
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and JACKASS 3D. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials.
Currently, we are on the search for several Data I/O Technicians to come on board and join our Stereo D vault team. Keep reading for more details…..
About this position:
As a Data I/O Technician you will be part of our 24/7 Data/IO team, servicing our clients, vendors and production crews with prompt and secure handling of all encrypted and multi-formatted data to and from our internal network. Collaborating with other Data I/O staff, in the day-to-day you will be:
- Logging into various file transfer systems to download files
- Troubleshooting issues with hard drives, and the network
- Communicating with IT any issues when transferring files, with the hardware or with the programs used by Data.
- Receiving, logging and tracking all materials from a variety of sources
- Communicating with production teams on materials received and being delivered, and performing QC checks on incoming and outgoing materials.
- From time to time, there may be the need to assist with light IT and render-wrangling (as needed).
What you’ll need for this position:
A successful Data I/O Technician will innately possess a solid set of ethics and professionalism, understanding the great sense of responsibility they ensue by working within our Data I/O team and keeping our material secure. All material handled is highly sensitive and security must be front of mind. Deadlines can be very rigid and at times, there will be last minute, unforeseen changes, calling for a person who can be really flexible when needed and a stand up team player who collaborates and pitches in well.
More specifically, here's what we're looking for:
- Prior experience
in a similar capacity (including render-wrangling) in the film industry
- Working knowledge of
RDP, VNC, running Python/batch scripts (Linux a plus) and Microsoft Office
Applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have excellent clerical and multi-taking skills while
maintaining a very strong eye for the details
- Comfortable with a command-line and terminal interface
- Team-work essential – you MUST play well with others
This Job is no longer active!