Software Engineer, Console Gameplay
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™, and Asheron's Call®.
Turbine, Inc. seeks an experienced Software Engineer, Console Gameplay to join the team that designs, implements, debugs, and tunes the game mechanics for an unannounced online console project. The systems that this team is responsible for include AI, combat, skills, advancement, UI and social systems.
Candidates must be comfortable working in a professional work-environment and be capable of working closely with peers and managers. The candidate should possess strong communication skills and be able to discuss technical issues with non-technical people such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Work closely with game designers and artists to understand the goals for a console game system.
• Within an agile cross-discipline team, plan, investigate, implement and test code for new and existing systems.
• Produce technical designs for complex systems.
• Work with QA to develop test plans for game systems.
• Provide reliable and accurate time estimates for tasks.
• Document systems thoroughly for use by engineers and non-engineers where appropriate.
• Perform code reviews of other team members’ work to ensure code quality.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
This Job is no longer active!