Spooky Cool Labs is looking for a game designer to join us in creating the best social games on the planet!
Who are we? Spooky Cool Labs is a social gaming company founded by legends of the pinball, arcade, and casino gaming industry.
What is our mission? We make high-quality branded social games for Facebook and mobile platforms with unique features designed specifically for each brand.
Where are we located? We have regional locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Kalamazoo, and Reno. This position is located in our Chicago, IL office.
So, if you want to work with passionate gamers in a company owned by legendary veteran gamers: JOIN US NOW!
The Game Designer works closely with the Chief Creative Officer to conceive and develop all elements of Facebook social games, along with implementations on mobile platforms. You will be responsible for defining the games features and modes while working closely with a team of highly talented artists and engineers to implement the design.
• Work with the CCO to make high quality, fun and engaging games
• Participate and hold brainstorming sessions with the team
• Create original features for a new game design or adapt features of an existing game
• Develop unique features that increase user engagement and monetization
• Draft design documents that allow development team to implement game design
• Use feedback from development team and testers to make the game better
• Analyze game metrics and player feedback to identify opportunities to improve game
• Use Excel to model and tune systems in the game
• Help design pitches for new game concepts
• Write narrative dialogue, names, and tutorials
• Create wireframe screens, mockups and user flows
• Maintain up-to-date and complete design documentation
Principals only, please.
• At least 2 years experience in designing games
• Strong knowledge of all types of social and casual games along with traditional board, card, and dice games
• Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to describe and excite the team with your ideas
• Strong knowledge of balancing and pacing a game
• In-depth understanding of Facebook and how it is used as a gaming platform
• A balance of systematic and strategic thinking along with creativity and imagination
• Passionate game player with in-depth knowledge of social and casual games
• Experienced in using Excel
• Two shipped games
This Job is no longer active!