Previs/Layout Artist - Aerial/Flying Specialist
DisneyToon Studios is an industry leader in the creation of quality animated feature length films for the home and theatrical markets. Dedicated to producing cutting edge entertainment the world over, DisneyToon Studios offers a creative environment where you and your talents can be part of the magic.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Previs/Layout Artist – Aerial Specialist to join the team at our Glendale, CA studio.
We are looking for a senior layout artist with extensive experience staging dynamic flying and fast action sequences.
The Previs/Layout Artist will translate sequences from Storyboard into CG. They would work directly with the Director, Art Director and the Previs/Layout Lead.
Examples of the type of camera work we are looking for:
How to Train Your Dragon
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Working with Layout Lead and Art Director to design and build simple schematics for set models
- Preliminary Camera blocking to verify set feasibility for sequence needs.
- General sequence/shot layout responsibilities
- Bachelors degree in Digital Art, Computer Graphics, related field or equivalent experience desired
- Knowledge of Animation is a must
- Clear, Professional communication skills
- Able to field and address complex notes
- Experience with Lighting preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Maya is necessary
This Job is no longer active!