Art Director - Zynga SF
Zynga is searching for a world-class Art Director to lead the creative direction, art development process, and a team of talented artists for a successful game franchise that is pushing visual fidelity standards in social gaming! The Art Director leads project development and staff, and is responsible for all visual aspects of a project. The Art Director oversees visual development concept to completion, and leads the art team in the production of high quality creative materials for the game and for Zynga. This person will act as a leader in contributing to the game’s visual strategy and vision, and work closely with the Director of Creative/Design to establish and maintain the visual integrity, brand standards, and consistency for the game and franchise. This position will be located at Zynga'sSF.
We are committed to developing high quality casual and multi player games! Come join us the Z-revolution, apply now!
* Define visual and art standards/systems and ensure all creative material is consistent
* Accurately distinguish which art issues are critical
* Evaluate multiple concepts and solutions for various projects and determine which ideas are worth pursuing
* Establish a collaborative art culture that engages creative talent and maximizes team potential.
* Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process
* Work with the Art Producer to manage projections and assignments of all art projects
* Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget
* Develop and sign off on creative estimates and ensure high quality execution of all deliverables
* Establish, communicate, and manage department objectives to meet project schedules
* Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art
* Take an active role in developing, maintaining, and refining a vision for art direction
* Direct the evolution and maintenance of art pipeline workflow
* Guide and mentor team: hire, induct, and manage team members, freelancers and external studios as needed
* Research, explore, and communicate best practices in art and discern which competitive ideas are most effective; lead the development of goals, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms
* Lead formal and informal critique, and provide effective feedback
* Develop/manage expense budgets, adjusting cost estimates on an ongoing basis
* Develop and provide continuous quality improvement on processes for planning, execution, approval and reporting
* Solid experience in the entertainment and/or game markets
* Expertise working in high quality abstract visual concepts with successful work evidenced to back it up.
* Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field is required
* 7 + years of professional experience and advanced leadership including communication and project management skills is required, with a minimum of 6+ years as a senior level professional
* Successful track record in developing and managing multidisciplinary art teams of more than10 people
* Expertise in arts/design, and a demonstrated ability to direct, mentor and enhance the efforts of a creative team
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
* Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
* Strong collaboration and influencing skills
* Excellent grammatical skills and the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure, while balancing speed and quality of the work
* Expert understanding of visual direction and storytelling
* Applied conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day shepherding of a project to completion and team collaboration with product managers and leads is required
* Proven ability to think conceptually and broadly about projects and the brand as a whole, and to develop and evolve creative systems
This Job is no longer active!