A Wild Brain Entertainment Company
JOB TITLE: 3d Lighting/FX Supervisor
DEPARTMENT NAME: Production
LOCATION: Sherman Oaks, CA & India and/or China
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Looking for (onsite) 3D Lighting/FX Supervisor for a high profile CG television series. Artist must be able to create light rigs or lighting mark ups. Have a strong sense of color theory. A wide range of experience in VFX. Give and take direction through notes or mark ups. Industry competitive rates. IATSE 839 classification. For the high profile DreamWorks Animation television series, “How to Train Your Dragon”. Must be willing to travel overseas (India and/or China) for extended periods of time.
1. Light 3d scenes
2. Provide direction for the effects and how to achieve them
3. Reviews work from overseas
4. Give direction in form of notes or Photoshop markup to overseas studio
5. Communicate in a positive and articulate manner
6. Must work closely with Producers or Visual Development.
7. Working to clear and defined milestones within a project and strict time constraints
8. Must be able to handle additional duties as they come up
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
2 to 4 years previous experience as a Lighting Supervisor
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
High School diploma required.
BS/BA degree preferred.
• Must have an understanding of lighting, color, and contrast
• Ability to create light rigs
• Create stylized look or mood lighting in Photoshop
• Understand, create or modify Maya shaders
• Knowledge of effects (fire, water, fur, dynamics)
• Composite render layers
• Production lighting experience
• Optimization of render times
• 2D painting skills for markups
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers, outside vendors, and other levels of personnel.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work long hours when necessary.
• Demonstrates ability to be proactive and anticipating potential problems before they occur and follows through on every task assigned.
• Demonstrates ability to be proactive about keeping everyone in the loop and up-to-date on the status of all tasks.
Compositing package (Fusion, After Effects, or Nuke)
This Job is no longer active!