Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working under the Packaging/Logo Art Director, the successful candidate must:
• Create packaging concepts and icons (or other marketing illustrations), including speed paining, rough mood drafts, composition, and placing characters in various environments;
• Polish these rough drafts in 2D by improving the graphical elements you created as well as those provided by the team and production (2D: matte painting, concept art, etc., and rendered in 3D);
To ensure that all of these elements are properly integrated in the pack illustrations, icons and other marketing illustrations, you must be able to perform photo montage/compositing, matte paining, and move from painting over to illustrating.
• Have solid basic knowledge in illustration and compositing, as well as the ability to use contrast to emphasize and image;
• Be able to adapt to various graphical styles;
• Have a concept artist profile, with the ability to create character concepts and use them in action (basic knowledge of anatomy required);
• Use your sense of artistry and attention to detail to make the atmosphere and visual impact of the packaging more striking;
• Be able to create quality logos (asset)
• Have knowledge of 3D techniques (3ds Max, Zbrush, etc.) (asset).
Skills and Profile
• In-depth knowledge of Photoshop
• In-depth knowledge of photo montage, image modification and 2D special effects
• Able to produce original graphical compositions (framing, photographic angles, etc.)
• Able to produce illustrations quickly, placing characters in various environments
• Able to take initiative concerning graphics
• Knowledge of vectoring tools (Illustrator)
• Knowledge of 3D techniques (3ds Max, Zbrush, etc.) is an asset.
• Proactive, independent, and able to work in a team
• Excellent knowledge of visual and graphic trends (TV, movies, web, games, etc.)
• Portfolio demonstrating your sense of artistry, finesse and solid experience
• Fluent in English and French
• Finesse and high level of execution required
This Job is no longer active!