Spark is looking for an experienced Senior Designer to create first-in-class content for a 3rd Person Action Slasher game with Horror elements for the Xbox 360 and PS3. The Senior Designer will be responsible for collaborating on game design systems, designing/developing levels, and implementing gameplay scenarios including: level construction, basic lighting, event scripting, AI scripting, game balancing, and tuning for a third-person action shooter on next generation consoles.
• Collaborate with Design Leads on game design systems and generate documentation to clearly communicate ideas and goals.
• Implement, iterate, and evolve game/level design from early planning stages to final release.
• Deliver work on time within a tight schedule, while working closely with the level design, artist, animation, and programming team members.
• Demonstrate initiative as a senior member of the department, mentor other design team members, and set examples of best practices in accordance with design lead's expectations.
• Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team, including active participation in Spark’s agile-development process. Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
• Minimum of 5 years as a level designer on current generation and previous generation consoles.
• Level editor experience using Unreal Editor, Hammer, Radiant, or other 3D package.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – a strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional design issues.
• Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
This Job is no longer active!