Following the release of multiple successful iPhone titles such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, Gangstar and Asphalt series, Gameloft is currently looking for a Game Designer to work on the next generation of iPhone, iPad and Android games.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of a game designer is to develop new innovative game concepts for console and handheld devices. The designer's responsibility is to make important contributions to the design quality of large-scale projects. Also, the specifications relative to game concept and creation must be defined, while working closely with artists and developers.
• Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game;
• Documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, integration of multimedia elements (texts, images, sounds and videos).
• Maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
• Keep updated all documents of the project and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality;
• Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
• Study diploma in one of the following: Computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video games or equivalent.
• At least one (1) year of experience in a video game company as a game or level designer.
• Experience on the following platforms an asset: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox Live Arcade.
• Bilingual (English/French)
• Experience in game creation. At least one of the following choices:
- Professional game;
- Personal projects (college, home-made, etc.);
- Level-design and/or MOD (Quake, Unreal, Warcraft, Half-Life, etc.);
• Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.);
• Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia).
• Passion for video games. Handheld games are a must.
• Good understanding of 'scripting' and/or basic computer programming.
• Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidact.
• Able to work under pressure and open to do come occasional over-time.
• Open-spirit and love team-working.
• Have a strong imagination!
This Job is no longer active!