A CAREER WITH THE MMOG INNOVATOR AND DEVELOPER/PUBLISHER OF LEADING FREE-TO-PLAY ONLINE GAMES.
Nexon America, Inc. is the North American subsidiary of Tokyo-based NEXON Co., Ltd., a pioneer of interactive entertainment software and a world leader in free-to-play massively multiplayer online games. Nexon America titles include: MAPLESTORY, MABINOGI, COMBAT ARMS, DUNGEON FIGHTER ONLINE, ATLANTICA ONLINE, VINDICTUS AND DRAGON NEST.
Game Platform Team:
Nexon America operates multiple online games that connect millions of users real-time, which is a formidable engineering challenge. From addressing performance and scalability issues through methodical analysis to creating SDKs for game developers to integrate into their games, the Game Platform team performs a wide range of technical duties that are crucial to running some of the biggest free-to-play MMOs in the world.
The Software Engineer will work with other Software Engineers and Database Engineers to perform various technical tasks that are required for operating game services. This person will design and implement features from concept to completion, analyze system and network loads to address performance and scalability challenges, and perform server maintenance. He/she will develop and maintain software components that are used internally as well as SDKs that are integrated into the public-facing modules.
• Install, configure, and maintain game servers and databases
• Optimize server performance by analyzing system and network loads
• Troubleshoot any technical issues that affect game operations
• Design and implement cutting-edge platform features for online games
• Develop web and client applications for internal use
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience with object oriented programming
• Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
• Strong background in large-scale system development, database design, and network programming
• Extensive programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Java
• Familiarity with server performance analysis, QOS, and scalability issues
• Operations experience for complex game or portal services a plus
• Experience in setting up and using server configuration and management solutions such as Puppet, Chef, RightScale, etc. a plus
• Experience in managing applications in the cloud (AWS, Eucalyptus, etc) a plus
• Must be willing to work additional hours as necessary
This Job is no longer active!