Senior UI Designer
Senior UI Designer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Visual Concepts Seeks Senior UI Designer for Next Generation of Sports Gaming
Novato, California – January 5, 2012 – Widely regarded as one of the world’s top video game studios, Visual Concepts, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO) seeks a Senior UI Designer to play a pivotal role in the re-imagination of user interface design for the next generation of Sports Gaming.
The term "user interface" in video games continues to grow in its meaning beyond the earliest concepts of menus and icons. It is the connection between user and game, between user and user, and between user and world-at-large, and the difference between an "average" user interface and a "great" user interface is the difference between so-so experiences and true excellence and amazement. Visual Concepts offers the gifted and passionate trendsetter the opportunity to play a critical role in the reinvention of the "user interface" for future generations of games, including the top-rated and top-selling and perennially excellent NBA 2K and 2K Sports franchises. The successful candidate will bring a unique eye for clarity in interfaces and intuitive designs, and a creative passion for reaching new frontiers in UI and the way in which we interact within the digital world around us, and will work closely with artists, game designers, engineers and technologists to re-imagine interfaces for the future and create exciting new ways to play games across multiple platforms and devices.
• Bachelor's degree in media or creative arts, or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding of the principles of human interaction with digital product
• Proven experience in multiple commercial projects with demonstrable excellence in UI design
• Solid visualization and design skills and the ability to define and communicate ideas clearly and robustly
• Demonstrable mastery of the subtle nuances of interface and organization in a web, applications, tablet and mobile
• A creative thinker with the desire to set new trends in user interface in gaming
• Good team player
• Knowledge of Photoshop and Maya
• Avid gamer a plus
About Visual Concepts
A pioneer in video games across multiple generations and the creator of some of the top-rated video game franchises including 2K Sports and the NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. A subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. With studios in Marin County, California, Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea, Visual Concepts is a culture of excellence and passion for building amazing products year after year, and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
This Job is no longer active!