High Voltage Software has been the leading independent game development studio in the Midwest for over 18 years. Our tenure in the games industry has rewarded us with over 70 shipped titles. Our company is a dedicated team focused on delivering the best products in our industry. At High Voltage Software, we give our team members the opportunity to have an impact on our games as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. Ambition and creativity are not just encouraged, they're expected.
High Voltage Software is looking for talented and experienced programmers to focus on graphics development for next generation consoles. If you are looking to develop graphics technology that will power successful titles and are an expert in pushing hardware to its limits – we want to hear from you!
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design and implement systems and tools to support rendering needs.
• Optimize rendering systems for diverse target platforms
• Analyze existing games for potential graphic enhancements
• Integrate 3rd party software, where appropriate, into the HVS engine codebase
• Write clear technical design and specification documents
• Maintain awareness of current and future state of computer graphics
• Estimate delivery time for work in progress
• Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Experience developing game graphics used in at least 1 published 360/PS3 title
• Knowledge of OpenGL and/or DirectX
• Experience writing Cg, HLSL, and / or ASM vertex and pixel shaders
• Knowledge of rendering algorithms
• Deep knowledge of C/C++
• Exceptional problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
• Experience doing in depth performance analysis and optimization of engine components
• Ability to work well in a team development environment
This Job is no longer active!