Sr. FX Artist
Spark is looking for an FX artist to design cutting edge content to join us in making a breakout hit based on an established console franchise. This is an opportunity for you to have a hand in creating a bold new take on 3rd Person Action/Horror. The artist should have a thorough knowledge of the creation of effects within a game environment. The ideal candidate is both an outstanding artist and technically proficient in generating game-useable material. Prior working knowledge of Unreal’s Cascade system is highly desirable.
• Create high quality in-game particle systems in the Unreal Engine 3, including simulation driven effects.
• Work with the Art Director to align the look of the effects with the game world.
• Build efficient particle systems that work within technical constraints.
• Be a proactive problem solver with solid grasp of artistic and design principles.
• Comprehensive knowledge of effects and particle systems as demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
• Passion for video games and broad knowledge of titles and industry standards.
• Comprehensive knowledge of shaders.
• Shipped at least two games in the past five years as a full time FX artist.
• Ability to provide realistic time estimates to perform tasks.
• Be proactive at fixing issues that are discovered.
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues and support multiple groups.
This Job is no longer active!