Summary of Position:
Irrational Games, the team that created the original BioShock, is looking for talented, experienced game designers to help craft the experience on our next big project, BioShock Infinite.
As a Systems Designer, you'll be the man in the middle of the million moving parts that transform high-level gameplay concepts into concrete player experience (and back again).
You’ll need to think on your feet during heated brainstorming sessions, drill down for detailed documentation and possess the technical acumen to dive in and hook it all up yourself when necessary. You’ll also need a strong understanding of level design, gameplay pacing and global balance to keep a holistic view of how it all fits together when the rubber meets the road of moment to moment gameplay.
A bit of a jack of all trades, if you will. And we hope you will. Come join us!
• Primary ownership for the design, prototyping and fostering of one or more core gameplay systems, including player mechanics, world simulation and / or AI
• Lead, coordinate and participate in collaborative, interdisciplinary sub-teams to implement and balance gameplay features from initial design to final polish
• Author, revise and provide feedback on internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides
• Collaborate with the design team to incorporate systems into level gameplay and maintain overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
• Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from design leads, QA and playtesting
• Lead collaboration and facilitate communication across studio locations as the primary stakeholder and champion of one or more gameplay sub-systems
This Job is no longer active!