2K Sports seeks a brilliant, talented, passionate, visionary Art Director to join our Novato team in creating the next critically acclaimed title. A big-picture people person who thrives on the challenge of coming up with a continuous stream of fresh, new ideas while leading our incredibly talented team toward unparalleled success!
SUMMARY: Direct the creation of artwork and sets the creative direction for software products.
- Set artistic direction for a group of products and oversee its implementation into product art, animation, and interface configuration.
- Direct the development of computer art produced both internally and/or by independent developers.
- Develop and ensure quality assurance protocols for artwork.
- Review and approve artists’ work and serves as internal art critic.
- Set and approve the visual design and content for the project during pre-production, ensuring that the artistic style and content are innovative, appropriate, and consistent.
- Oversee the visual development of the project, encouraging input from team members but making final decisions on the visual quality, style, and mood of assets.
- Communicate the visual design and development of the project to the art team and client through verbal discussions, art specifications, and style guides, including environmental design, character design, prop design, graphic design, lighting, special effects, and reference material.
- Visually direct and mentor the artists on the team before and during production through discussions, style guides, and reviews of their work.
- Works closely with the Lead Artist and other leads to maximize aesthetic innovation, quality, and art resources, while assuring adherence to budget constraints.
- Works directly with producers to help visualize and develop game designs.
- Contribute to the creation, definition, and development of character designs, background drawings, and other art aspects of games.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative game production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to project goals.
- 5+ years post-educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is necessary.
- Experience in directing the artistic aspects of a software product.
- Knowledge of gaming industry art styles and trends.
- Willingness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of self-direction.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Game experience preferred.
This Job is no longer active!