Online Engineer (Server-Side/Backend)
Online Engineer (Server-Side/Backend) – OE01
Forget leaderboards. Forget DLC. Forget Web 2.0, social networking, and online chit-chat. We live in a world of constant, ubiquitous online connectivity that opens up far more dramatic options in triple-A console and PC gaming. The team that created the BioShock franchise is currently building systems to help us better understand how people play our games and use that information to improve our game experiences not just in the future, but in real-time.
Irrational Games is looking for exceptional individuals to expand our Online Infrastructure team, where our mandate is to leverage online connectivity to deliver added value and groundbreaking experiences to gamers worldwide, both at launch and over time. If you have a passion for gaming and significant experience in areas such as high-volume server software development, online infrastructure design, NoSQL solutions and backend services, then we encourage you to apply.
Summary of Position:
• Working on a small team within a larger game team to implement server-side support for user experiences that are new to console gaming
• Working in multiple codebases, languages, and implementation paradigms
• Analyzing and adapting off-the-shelf software to best implement architectural goals
• Improving durability and maintainability of key services via load testing analysis and development of uptime and reporting tools
• Experience programming server related technologies for 3+ years (databases, multi-platform, multi-process)
• Experience developing distributed applications in a non-homogeneous environment
• Understanding of application-level communication protocol design/usage and transport protocols
• Proficiency in C/C++ and C#, T-SQL, and Python or a similar scripting/utility/glue language
• Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This Job is no longer active!