Lead Production Accountant
The Lead Production Accountant is responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for specific project(s), which requires an understanding of accounting principles and an advanced understanding of the Visual Effects production process. Works with discretion as to work details on assignments of a varied nature. Provides general and specialized analysis support. Works closely with FX Producers and other production staff.
* Maintains assigned production accounting records.
* Assists Producer in managing budgets and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) Reports.
* Works with Lucasfilm production facility in Singapore in developing budgets and EFC.
* Prepares cost analyses and other special reports as needed.
* Prepares weekly status reports for the FX Producer and Executive Management.
* Works with Lucasfilm facility in Singapore regarding weekly status reports.
* Prepares weekly billings for rebillable costs as required.
* Reviews weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
* Provides show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
* Works with legal to assure contracts are in place and contractual terms are followed.
* Works with external production manager to integrate remote facility and outside vendor documentation.
* Bachelors degree is required and a C.P.A. or M.B.A. is strongly encouraged. 6-8 years of professional experience.
* Three or more years Feature (or entertainment/advertising industries) production finance/accounting experience. Expert proficiency in Excel. Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
* An energetic, resourceful, and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation. Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
* Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
* Business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Highly motivated, seasoned and self-assured.
* A well developed sense of humor helps to bring perspective and energy to the team. Exhibits a “thick skin.”
This Job is no longer active!