Senior Character Animator
Spark is looking for an experienced Senior Character Animator to join us in making a breakout hit based on an established console franchise. This is an opportunity for you to have a hand in creating a bold new take on 3rd Person Action/Horror for the Ps3 and Xbox360. They should have a thorough knowledge of classical animation principles, a strong grasp of animation pipelines, and be a veteran game developer. The ideal candidate is both an outstanding animator and can work with high-level direction, possessing strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work.
• Create high quality character animation at a quality bar suitable for next-generation console development.
• Work closely with the Lead Animator and colleagues to develop animation assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game design and visual design.
• Work with the Lead Animator to set the style, look and feel of the animation for key characters.
• Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
• Assist in the integration of animation with designers and engineers to create compelling in-game animation.
• Work in a team-oriented environment and use organizational and interpersonal skills on a daily basis and bring a creative and proactive attitude to the task of animating performances.
• Work with a group of animators to create compelling and consistent performances for all major characters and utilizes both hand and mo-cap animation techniques to create animation of primary and secondary characters.
• Demonstrated professional character animation experience in the entertainment industry, showing command of weight, timing and posing through key-framing.
• 4-5 years professional character animation experience on multiple projects. Proven industry experience, shipped game projects highly desired.
• Thorough understanding of Autodesk Maya.
• Strong understanding of classic animation principles and its fundamentals (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, squash and stretch) as well as the ability to create the full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful. Demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
• Experience animating both male and female bipedal characters that showcases both acting/pathos and action performances.
• Experience in animating creatures, as well as, mechanical (machinery) animation.
• Experience with facial animation and lip-synch.
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
This Job is no longer active!