Concept Artist - Environment
Spark is looking for an experienced Environment Concept Artist to join us in making a breakout hit based on an established console franchise. This is an opportunity for you to have a hand in creating a bold new take on 3rd Person Action Slasher with Horror elements for the Ps3 and Xbox360. The Concept Artist’s core responsibility is to provide the team with inspirational illustrations as well as production quality artwork including; environment design, object exploration, paint overs, storyboards, color and lighting compositions. You must have a strong creative aesthetic that will help drive the overall tone of the environment.
• Work closely with the Game and Art Director to develop environment concept art, full compositions, back grounds, and production art.
• Illustrate concepts based on verbal and written direction.
• Able to refine ideas and illuminate areas of possible further development.
• Articulate the game design in a way that fits with the art direction.
• Work with the Art Director to provide vision for the art direction.
• Understand the game design well enough to incorporate into concept pieces where applicable.
• Able to improvise within the established art direction to expand on characters, world objects, etc.
• Produce orthographic illustrations for outsourcing.
• Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team, including active participation in Spark’s agile-development process. Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
• A degree or certificate in Illustration, Painting, Industrial Design or Film Design is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in a Concept Art role.
• A stunning portfolio that demonstrates a variety of concept design and illustration.
• Strong understanding of forma and composition, lighting and color.
• Solid 3D skills.
• Must be able to work within a broad variety of styles and genres.
• Excellent communication and team skills.
• Paint master concepts that not only show a general feel of a location, but also describe enough detail to inform an asset list.
• Able to work with level teams to help illustrate any areas that require development.
• Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
This Job is no longer active!