Spark is looking for an experienced Gameplay / UI Engineer to join us in making a breakout hit based on an established console franchise. This is an opportunity for you to have a hand in creating a bold new take on 3rd Person Action Slasher with Horror elements. The Gameplay / UI Engineer must own the quality and goals of the engineering department and lead their group to accomplish their goals. The ideal candidate is an outstanding engineer with thorough knowledge of engineering principles and pipelines, possessing strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work.
• Work closely with the Tech, Game and Art Director to develop engineering goals and features that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game and visual design.
• Implement systems and UI for menus, HUD, in game screens, online game sessions and other forms of player persistence (lobbies, match-making, Leader Boards, etc. etc.).
• Utilize Flash, ActionScript and Scaleform to implement the vision of the user interface design. Develop and maintain network ready code to ensure that it meets multiplayer/co-op functionality and requirements, including but not limited to client/server state replications, latency, synchronization, cheating, etc.
• Write well-architected, robust and maintainable code that meet the coding standards for all platforms with an eye towards usability for multiple games.
• Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
• Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• Create tools, features and engine components as needed that meet the coding standards for all platforms.
• Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team, including active participation in Spark’s agile-development process. Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
• Minimum 3 years of experience or 2 shipped AAA title.
• Relevant published game credits.
• C/C++ proficiency and design skills.
• Flash and ActionScript proficiency.
• Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development and a working knowledge of 3D math.
• Knowledge of client/server multi-player architecture.
• Experience in the design and implementation of specialized game sub-systems.
• Comfortable working within and enhancing an established code framework.
• Ability to participate in gameplay design and implement design specifications.
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
• An eye for detail and feel for good gameplay.
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses. Broad knowledge of titles and mechanics.
This Job is no longer active!