Shader / Material Artist
If you are... Always thinking about how to fake SSS, get more Parallax into your POM, know what SM3, SM4 and SM5 are? OMG! Minnaert, Oren Nayer and Cook Torrance are old chums? Like to re-arrange boxes until you get the desired result? Tired of your best work getting dirtied up and vertex colored out of existence? Wondering what kind of Fresnel function is needed
for the specular falloff on that mouse you are holding?
- Build user friendly master shaders.
- Advise artists on how to get the most out of them.
- Must have a professional demeanor and be able to work effectively
with top echelon personalities in the entertainment industry.
- High level of proficiency with the Unreal Engine 3 and it’s material
- A good understanding of memory and performance constraints, and know
how to optimize shaders for current tech.
-Excellent understanding of color theory
- A mind for cutting edge techniques and an idea of what you might
like to do with the next generation of hardware.
- Ability to convey your ideas to engine programmer
- Experience in all phases of game development
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Epic sense of ownership and responsibilities.
- An uncanny eye for detail, both explicit and implicit.
- An excellent grasp of modeling, animation, UV mapping and rendering.
- A sense of wonder.
This Job is no longer active!