Technical Account Manager - Games
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a hybrid role of an Account Manager and Applications Engineer. The TAM is a business partner to the Major Account Sales Executive (MAE) team on a defined list of top global accounts. The TAM will possess an in-depth knowledge of the Video Game industry and broad technical expertise of Autodesk M&E solutions. The TAM will collaborate with the MAE to develop and manage the overall account strategies while being responsible for achieving and maintaining technical closure (solution fit and selection).
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Job Title and Number: Technical Account Manager - 12WD11098
Location: Home office, California
- Account Plan Development and Management: In partnership with Major Account Executives, develops technical account plan and executes on strategy/ tactics for closing business. Uses Autodesk company standard sales methodologies to ensure technical closure and alignment with sales strategies.
- Customer Relationship Management: Develops required level of knowledge of customers' business process, workflows, and technical requirements in order to build "trusted advisor" relationships with customers.
- Technical Discovery & Solution Fit: Manages technical discovery. Provides leadership and guidance in the formulation of requirements definitions, scope documents, user needs studies, process assessments, and project assessments for sales opportunities. Leverages Autodesk software, applications and services together with other resources to develop innovative solutions that satisfy technical, fiscal, and schedule constraints within the customers business.
- Technical Closure: Manages technical evaluations, defines solution architecture, facilitates product demonstrations, "pilot" projects, etc. Provides technical validation and assesses feasibility, correctness and completeness of proposed solutions; applies best practices in solving business problems. Assess and direct customers regarding strategic product issues involving license deployment, licensing structures, and license management to maximize customer satisfaction and product revenue.
- Technical Product Demonstrations: Performs product demonstrations in key areas as well as drives workflow discussions by leveraging the broader technical specialist team.
- Collaboration: Develops and maintains trusted working relationships with the sales force and adjacent business partners. Partners with cross-functional teams (sales management, consulting, development, technical sales) to acquire the correct talent/resource for individual sales opportunities. Oversees and guides these resources to outlined account objective to ensure customer satisfaction and business closure.
- Internal Leadership: Shares best practices, competitive information, innovation, and thought leadership within the sales organization, product divisions, and technical sales organization. Interacts and communicates with the various business units of Autodesk to ensure that the Major Account needs are met.
- Industry Leadership: Maintains a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of the technologies of the Media and Entertainment industry. In addition, provides insight into the industry practices, business processes, applications, and solutions the domain impacts as well as those impacts upon the global technology marketplace. Develops industry leadership role by participating in regional/national conferences by developing/delivering presentations or workshops consistent with Autodesk messaging; writing white-papers, papers in conference proceedings, newsletter articles, magazine articles, or books; participating in professional or domain specific associations.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 10 years of games industry knowledge
- 8 years of production experience in games
- Extensive background with game pipelines: art creation tools, authoring tools, and game engines
- Familiarity with a variety of game platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc… (Next-gen is a plus)
- Well rounded knowledge of 3D Modeling, Texturing, Shading, Rigging and Animation
- Competitive product knowledge and experience required
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills
- Work independently and can manage multiple priorities
- Product feature / workflow requirements gathering and discovery proficiency a necessity
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Working knowledge of Autodesk animation software: Maya, 3ds Max, Motion Builder, Mudbox
- Experience with custom tool development: Python, MEL, Max Script, C#, etc…
- Broad understanding of Autodesk Gameware solutions: Beast, Kynapse, HIK, Scaleform
- Knowledge of 3rd party engines and middleware: Unreal, Unity, Havok, Morpheme, PhysX, etc…
This Job is no longer active!