Sound Effects Designer
Gameloft is currently seeking a Sound Effects Designer to join the Montreal studio’s Sound team.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working on site with the Game Designers and Producers for a multitude of projects at Gameloft, the Sound Effects Designer is responsible for creating all the sound for upcoming games on platforms such as iPad, iPhone, PS Vita, PS3. This position is under the direct supervision of the Sound Director. There is no music composing in this role
• Excellent knowledge of audio software compatible with the Windows platform: sequencers (Sonar, Cubase Ableton Live, Protools), audio editors (Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition etc.). The ideal candidate must also have strong knowledge of popular VST plug-ins, necessary for audio editing and mixing.
• Thorough knowledge of technical constraints (audio optimization, memory, etc.) linked to video game sound and sound format.
• Knowledge of audio engines used in the video game industry (FMod, Wwise).
• Capacity to create and edit original sounds, in the form of audio samples, sound synthesis, etc.
• Familiar with sound effect libraries available on the market (Sound Ideas, Hollywood Edge, and others);
• Capability to systematically and effectively manage large-scale databases (with more than 2000 sounds per game);
• Ability to produce original, high-quality sound effects quickly and efficiently under pressure.
This Job is no longer active!