Lead Lighter/Lighting TD
The position of Lighting Technical Director requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D Computer Graphics, with several years of experience in a similar role working on broadcast or film projects.
Successful applicants will have a well developed eye, a good working knowledge of art, design and film lighting as well as a solid technical grounding in render software (e.g. Renderman or Mental Ray) they will make recommendations for tools and pipeline changes as required, including suggestions for R&D tasks.
Experience in Look Development and shader setup would be an advantage.
• Must have a good “eye”, and a good understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and lighting design.
• Must have a good working knowledge of lighting in Maya.
• Must have a good knowledge of Nuke or Fusion or other node based compositor.
• Must have a good knowledge of Mental Ray
• Must have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks in a fast paced production environment.
• Must be open to direction.
This Job is no longer active!