Art Director – Animation
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking an experienced Animation Art Director to join its team, providing a unified artistic direction, while maintaining the ongoing vision and high production standards of its 3D TV animation series, Superbook.
This individual will provide on-site leadership at the CBN studio in Virginia Beach, VA, ensuring creative excellence while overseeing the development and production of all art and design for the 3D animated series, from preproduction concepts, through storyboards, and on to final DPX approvals. If you have a passion for CBN’s mission, your creative animation expertise will help bring amazing Bible stories to life working with artists and storytellers whose credits include Mulan, The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast!
CBN is a global ministry with programming on the air in 136 countries translated into 42 languages and home to over 1000 employees who contribute their skills and talents in a variety of industry-specific roles.
CBN, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with CBN’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online and include internet link to video portfolio or send DVD. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of professional 3D Animation experience – at least 1 year at the art director level.
• Strong fine art training and skills – (Illustration, painting, 2D & 3D design)
• Proven experience art directing in a 3D TV or Film environment - managing art workflow and schedules - preferably having experience with an overseas studio and/or with an international team
• Strong working knowledge of 3D texturing, lighting, compositing and rendering.
• Understanding of 3D/Compositing Software (e.g. Maya, Shake, Nuke, etc.)
• Excellent decision-making and leadership skills with ability to motivate and manage freelance artists.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to strategize and implement a plan
• Proven ability to multitask within a deadline-driven environment and be productive under pressure; strong attention to detail
• Ability to travel internationally
• B.A. in Art, Design or other relevant discipline.
This Job is no longer active!