The Graphic Designer is responsible for visually representing and communicating the vision of the Supervising Production Designer and show Production Designer, to include all graphic material for the film, such as film newspapers, stylized photos, posters and product labels.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing drawing and digital technologies to create and develop innovative and effective visual design for a range of performances and situations.
• Apply a solid understanding of photography in design solutions.
• Formulate different design solutions and applications to meet the projects’ specific needs.
• Interpret Director’s concepts and vision.
• Degree in Art or Graphic Design or equivalent education and experience.
• 3+ years’ experience on animated feature films or television; stop-motion a plus.
• Excellent graphic design skills and experience – both freehand drawing and digital.
• Good understanding of production processes.
• At minimum level 3-4 on Photoshop (http://www/learnit.com/survey/photoshop.asp) and/or high level of skill with Illustrator.
• Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Takes direction well.
• Able to organize and maintain digital files.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This Job is no longer active!