Senior Matte Painter
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Create photorealistic environments for feature film projects using 3D and 2D tools and techniques
• Work closely with the Supervisor to ensure that plates meet requirements
• Regularly release dailies so that progress on a shot can be assessed
• Attend dailies sessions and obtain feedback from the Supervisor
• Report any day-to-day problems or concerns to the Supervisor
• A minimum of 4 years previous experience as a digital matte painter in a production environment for feature films.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop including file management (file format, bit depth, resolution) is essential.
• Thorough knowledge of advanced matte-painting techniques including colour space, digital-paint techniques, photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour.
• A good understanding and application of perspective in the creation of the 2.5D and 3D digital environments.
• Ability to take artistic and technical direction positively to meet a client’s brief, and work well within a team environment, or in a leadership role. To that end, have excellent communication skills with a professional and positive attitude under the pressure of tight deadlines and changing briefs.
• Ability to take responsibility for the timely delivery of the requested work and to delegate confidently to junior members of the team.
• Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya and basic knowledge of compositing in Nuke is desirable.
This Job is no longer active!