ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
POSITION TITLE: CG SUPERVISOR
Are you ready to join one of the biggest game production studios in the world? EA Sports is looking for a CG Supervisor to join the on a AAA title. You will be an individual that can craft a vision and drive the execution of all art production on a major project. You will be driven for excellence and pushing a visual bar from the studio that consistently wins game of the year awards and expects a 9/10 on visuals as a minimum.
Are you an individual that knows the difference between a pipeline and runtime? Do you know how to craft shaders and how to squeeze out performance? Do you have a deep understanding of rigging, modeling, texturing, animation, lighting and more? Have you dabbled with cameras and can speak like a DOP? We are looking for you to help guide these pursuits in a cutting edge environment.
Candidates for the CG Supervisor role must demonstrate a deep understanding of both art and technology in the computer games context. Significant game development experience is essential, and working well with various clients simultaneous is expected.
Leadership, Vision, Roadmap
• Define and own the unified and common technological vision and roadmap for content authoring and its associated tools and pipelines—in collaboration with the game team and central partners.
• Lead and mentor the technical artists (TA).
• Participate in team strategic and operational planning.
• Keep aware of global industry trends in content production and technology for major entertainment forms (e.g., video games, film, animation, etc.) and present to appropriate stakeholders on a regular, recurring basis.
• Accountable for the art asset delivery for the entire game on time and meeting budget (memory and performance).
• Accountable for all content technology and art workflows, local and distributed.
• Accountable for driving continuous asset build stability and provide mentorship to TA's to help debug asset failures.
• Accountable for guiding structure and all art assets in the game.
• Identify art workflow problems, and work with Technical Producers, SMEs, CG Sups and TAs to solve them.
• Identify and prioritize development needs, both internal to game team as well as those delivered to partner groups such as Core Tech, Configuration Management, Artworks and other central teams.
• Evaluate technology delivered by Artworks for technical completion, performance, quality and compliance.
• Accountable and responsible for integrating and reviewing technology (internal and external) in art workflows.
• Prototype cutting-edge approaches to art/content creation using internal or external frameworks in support of R&D efforts and new intellectual property.
Career Management, Mentorship
• Ensure that the responsibility set and skills of the technical artist role remains current and accurately reflects the direction of EA Sports games development, supported by training initiatives and recruitment/retention strategies.
• Interact with the CGS/TA community at both studios on a regular basis to identify challenges and provide mentoring.
• Accountable for mentoring and coaching the art technical community on technical skills.
• Provide performance feedback and career management, where applicable, for other CG Supervisors and TAs.
• Author and present reports and proposals appropriate for an executive audience covering the department’s content workflows, processes, capabilities, and tools.
• Provide visibility, clarification, and status to technical community and Label steering group on central initiatives relevant to content production and workflows.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 10 years games/animation/FX production experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing.
• Strong understanding of game development frameworks and methodologies.
• Understanding of various gaming platform limitations with regard to visual assets.
• Expert understanding of at least one 3D package, preferably Maya.
• Advanced scripting experience with Python and/or Mel/Maya API.
• Ability to deconstruct and modify proprietary tools and pipelines.
• Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting CG issues.
• Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Strong understanding of good asset management practices.
• Excellent communication skills, with a willingness and confidence to provide a bridge between artists and software engineers.
• Experience mentoring a team of 10-20 artists, engineers, and/or technical artists.
• Ability to foster a strong community with an emphasis on high performance and guaranteed delivery.
• Experience with career managing direct reports.