The K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma is looking for an enthusiastic and talented programmer interested in making a difference in education through games.This position will coordinate and work with other Project and Development staff to meet the planned schedule, defined feature set, and resource constraints to deliver a high-quality platform for a digital game-based learning game
The Lead programmer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical solutions and delivers clear, documented, tested and efficient code for various elements of the game.
- Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions.
- Has a clear vision of how products should function and the ability to lead peers to share this vision.
- Solves complex problems in resourceful and effective ways.
- Participates in agile game development processes including pair programming and test driven development.
- Designs, implements, documents and tests software tasks that include system, engine, and game play components.
- Supports content creators in their work.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Reports to the K20 center Director of Innovative Technologies
- Proficient in the Unity 3D Game Engine
- Ability to work within a defined development process.
- Spearheaded design and implementation of several architectural systems.
- Demonstrate advanced skills as a C # Programmer.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
- Knowledge of Game development tools and systems (level editors, etc).
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Ability to create complex systems from start to finish.
- Ability to quickly master selected tools and development processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering environment as a C# Programmer.
- At least one published game
This Job is no longer active!