K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma is looking for an individual
interested in infusing sound game mechanics into educational games. This
position will focus on the game content coding of an interactive
learning environment and will assist in developing and maintaining the
systems that support the game's interface, world traversal, object and
NPC interaction, controls, and other aspects on the game side of
The Game-Play Programmer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to translate feature requests into actionable code within Unity
- Creates tools that streamline development and help game designer and artists.
- Help ensure integrity of game code-base
- Solves complex problems in resourceful and effective ways.
- Participates in agile game development processes including pair programming and test driven development.
- Designs, implements, documents and tests software tasks that include system, engine, and game play components.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Reports to the lead programmer.
- Ability to work within a defined development process.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in at least one of these languages C#/C++/Java.
- Proficient in the Unity 3D Game Engine
- Must be able to apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues.
- Ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
- Ability to create complex systems from start to finish.
- Experience working with third party software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience.
- 2+ years of experience in game development as a C# Programmer.
- A personal interest in games and game development
This Job is no longer active!