Game Development Lead
Best Boy Entertainment is providing an outstanding opportunity for
a Game Development Lead to join Atlantic Canada’s fastest-growing entertainment
exciting, full-time position is based in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Game Development Lead is responsible for the planning and production of
interactive content. The role is accountable for all project plans, budgets and
schedules, and for the coordination of resources to achieve the most cost
Game Development Lead serves as the primary liaison and point of contact for
all stakeholders and development teams. This role will mentor the programming and
art teams and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The
ideal candidate will have worked on at least three shipped titles on both iOS
- Make high quality, fun and engaging games.
- Participate and hold brainstorming sessions with the team.
- Create original features for a new game design or adapt features of an
existing game to increase user engagement & monetization.
- Create wireframe prototypes, mockups and user flow diagrams.
in setting up the QA process, internal build process and unit testing.
- Analyze game metrics and feedback from development team and players to
iteratively improve the gameplay experience.
and maintain up-to-date design documents that outline overall game design for
initial production of approved application concepts through internal or
external development teams.
in defining, developing and ensuring the operating budget for the department.
- Create, organize and maintain overall project schedule; initiate cost
controls for each project.
- Provide production management oversight for Digital Apps across all media
types (e.g. web, mobile and/or tablet).
review and recommend third-party partners (agencies and developers) for
application development as required.
closely with Publishing, Licensing, and Marketing groups to develop content.
- Serve as primary liaison and advocate for external development teams when
- Manage partner relationships; oversee development progress, timelines,
- Keep all relevant stakeholders informed and involved in approval and review
process as needed.
- Ensure quality of creative execution, and that all key brand objectives are
- Support the VP Interactive in assessing production models, timelines, costs,
risks, and opportunities.
- Assist with the hiring and reviews of
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science
or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of programming experience focused on game development
- Excellent C/C++/C# experience
- OpenGL/DirectX API experience
- Experience with network server/client architecture
- Engine tools and pipeline architecture experience
- Strong knowledge of game development or gaming components (i.e. game engine
development, particle systems, 3D effects, animation systems, etc.
- Experience working with a small multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and loves games
This Job is no longer active!