Fitness UX Designer / Developer
We’re seeking individuals with experience in front-end design and development who also have a passion for fitness products. This role will be predominantly focused on Garmin Connect, an online community where users track, analyze and share their workout data with fellow athletes.
UX developers collaborate with cross-functional teams of designers, developers, copywriters, and business stakeholders to define the best user experience. User testing and other research tactics are employed to objectify and guide the design process prior to producing the front-end code that is implemented to ultimately meet Garmin business objectives and provide a superior online experience.
- Produces UX deliverables such as wireframes, user flows, site maps, and interactive prototypes.
- Leverages user feedback to guide and enhance UX design concepts.
- Develops scalable, reusable, innovative front-end solutions for Garmin’s suite of Internet applications.
- Researches and implements new UX best practices, design patterns, frameworks, and technologies.
- Contributes to Garmin’s online standards.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree or, or a minimum of 4 years work experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description.
- In addition to education or experience noted in first bullet, must possess 6 months experience developing advanced user interfaces.
- Must be proficient in developing semantic markup and front-end code that is cross-browser compatible.
- Demonstrated experience developing within HTML5 and CSS3 specifications.
- Demonstrated proficiency designing in both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must possess knowledge of usability, accessibility, SEO and other standard best practices.
- Demonstrated experience simultaneously supporting multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Must possess good organization, creative, and analytical skills.
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and demonstrate the ability to work well with others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
This Job is no longer active!