The Technical Artist creates and refines assigned art, ensures that art and animation are optimized by the use of technical processes, systems and software, and acts as a bridge between Artists and Developers.
- Works with artists and programmers to develop game designs and technical art content and specifications.
- Prepares and implements art within the creative and technical specifications of the software product.
- Writes software and scripts necessary for art implementation and optimization.
- Develops solutions to various production problems relating to the creation and implementation of art assets.
- Creates new tools within the software packages used by the art team.
- Creates and implements artwork on assigned portions of products, typically in modules requiring technical art features.
- Uses 2D and 3D packages, such as Photoshop, 3dsMax and similar commercial and proprietary software, to create high quality art assets that fulfill the requirements of the project's Functional, Art, and Technical Specifications:
- Model geometry at multiple LODs
- Create and map textures
- Set up and light 3D art assets
- Make sprites and other types of 2D art assets if required.
- Build character rigs.
- Follows the schedule and pipeline established by the Lead Artist.
- Uses tracking and management tools.
- Keeps current with advances and trends in industry tools relevant to technical art issues.
- Takes direction in style and technique.
- Understands the requirements and constraints of game design, engine, and platform.
- Proactively seeks feedback from the Art Director in style and mood.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience in real-time 3D modeling and lighting.
- In depth knowledge of 3D art production using Maya or 3D Studio Max, with a focus on technical art issues.
- Background in one or more of the following specialties: creatures, vehicles, and environments.
- Creative passion for games.
- Python and Mel scripting capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of rigging, skinning and animation
- Experience working with shaders
- Completed a complete development cycle as Technical Artist on at least 3 games.
This Job is no longer active!