Senior Software Engineer, App & UI Developer
In the software department at Walt Disney Animation Studios, we build the tools that artists use daily to create celebrated animation films. The volume and diversity of data manipulated during the film-making process demand that our software solutions provide intuitive and robust workflows. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in desktop application development and UI development to innovate the next generation of tools needed for our current and future films.
Some of the interaction design challenges we face are in manipulating and navigating complex and hierarchical data used for lighting and rendering rich CG environments, developing user workflows for efficiently rigging and animating fully-deformable characters, and designing user experiences that tame the underlying technology and unleash the artists to fully create their vision.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated expertise in design and development of user interfaces for complex processes. Delivering user experiences that are intuitive and efficient, while also making the underlying logic and data structures robust and sustainable, are key responsibilities.
Critical to success in this role is an aptitude for working with technical and non-technical end users to understand their workflows, requirements and pain points.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, MS preferred.
- 5-10 years of object-oriented programming and design.
- Experience using C++ in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in design and development of user interfaces and event messaging.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in working within teams and among stakeholders.
This Job is no longer active!