Art Manager leads a team of game design associates in the creation and production of game assets, including 2D and 3D graphical assets, sound, glass artwork, and video graphic artwork and animation. Supervises artists, coordinates with engineering project managers in creating game content, hires necessary freelancers and vendors, and approves results of final product. Manages budgets associated with all creative projects. Participates, as needed, in the game/product innovation process.
Supports the presentation of the company’s image in advertising, at trade shows, and in the media. Creates presentations for corporate executives. Supervises the production of print materials including design, content, and final product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of game design associates (including video graphic artwork, animation, 2D and 3D graphical assets, sound, and glass).
- Directs creative efforts towards the successful delivery of game assets in support of the company’s creative design direction.
- Effectively allocates creative resources to efficiently meet company needs.
- Coordinate with software game teams in supporting all creative aspects of the development of assigned games.
- Manage all aspects of the creation and delivery of advertising, marketing, and other supportive creative content as assigned.
- Participate in strategic planning activities as directed by the company.
- Coordinates with software development, hardware development, and project management to achieve the creative objectives for each assigned project
- Coordinate with Product Management towards the successful delivery of game content, prototypes, and creative vision based on the strategic vision of the company.
- Provide continuous improvement in the process of creating, managing and delivering creative content for assigned work efforts.
- Demonstrated team leadership experience with a team of at least 10
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external departments
- Knowledge of business practices and finances
- Ability to demonstrate artistic and design skills
- Experience in managing outside vendors and third party contractors
- Recruit, train, coach, and develop department staff
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years experience in creative design and production—3-5 years in management
- The physical demands of typical office positions are expected. The ability to sit and perform terminal/computer work for lengthy periods is expected.
- On trips to casinos, standing for long periods of time may be necessary.
This is a non-smoking office environment
This Job is no longer active!