Game Economy Designer
Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, dynamic culture? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun and rewarding environment in New Orleans? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
With offices in 30 countries in Europe, North America and Asia and over 5,000 people, Gameloft, a worldwide publisher and developer of digital and social games, is seeking a Game Economy Designer to join our talent pool. The Game Economy Designer requires a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model. This position is responsible for how the game works as a service for its customers, how the customers behave in it, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve the game’s financial performance.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
- Be part of one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Facebook, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, telecommunication operators, etc.
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a relaxed, casual atmosphere
- Demanding and motivating environment in a fast growing company
You will design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those design refined and metrics implemented. Once the game is launched, you will analyze the collected data and reports which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game’s economic model, understand why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management. You understand what users are doing in a game, why and how a game is making money and what to change so it makes even more.
- Define the virtual products and their statistics with the development team and understand how each contributes to the game dynamics
- Indentify the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balance the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability
- Manage pricing to create specific price point roles
- Implement selling strategies for higher price points
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot monetization bottlenecks and facilitators and report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly
This Job is no longer active!