Mobile Game Designer - VC Novato
Visual Concepts Seeks a Mobile Game Designer for New IP Development
Novato, California – July 16, 2012 – Widely regarded as one of the world’s top video game studios, Visual Concepts, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO) seeks a Mobile Game Designer to join a new venture developing innovative IP for the mobile market. Reporting to the Senior Producer, the successful candidate will bring prior experience in game design and development, and have the opportunity to join a world-class organization, helping contribute to Visual Concepts’ award-winning products as the company continues to grow its franchises both here and globally.
· Work with project team to define and maintain creative vision
· Generate new ideas and proposals for mobile casual games
· Work with designers, engineers, and artists to design and prototype new gameplay and systems
· Plan and direct development of player experiences
· Design user interface and tutorials
· Concept and balance core game mechanics like economy, progression, and rewards
· Create and improve tools to make the design pipeline faster and more efficient for the team
· Be a strong advocate of good design practices
· At least 3-5 years’ experience as a game designer, preferably with casual or social games
· Active interest in mobile gaming
· Deep understanding of games and what makes them fun, both as gamer and a professional.
· A passion for both playing and creating games
· Understanding of simple, effective UI design for a casual user base
· Experience designing game mechanics, story, and user experience
· Experience with multiple shipped game products
· Experience creating and balancing meta-game and RPG-style progression systems for shipped projects
· Strong motivation to take on any tasks needed to complete a project
This Job is no longer active!