Position Title: Interactive Marketing Manager
Company: Irrational Games
Position Category: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
Now is your chance to join one of the best video game studios on the planet! Award-winning Irrational Games is expanding and taking video game development to the next level. We are looking for incredible people to join the talented individuals already on staff. If you have always dreamed of working at a developer that makes awesome games, fosters creativity and has a lot of fun, then Irrational Games is the place for you.
The Interactive Marketing Manager is a unique, hybrid role composed of community management and interactive marketing strategy. The ideal candidate is analytical, resourceful, self-motivated, community-oriented and passionate about games and technology.
This critical role reports to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for all interactive marketing and community management efforts for Irrational Games and its products. These efforts include Irrational Games’ websites, forums, social media, press sites and online store. You will set clear objectives, develop strategies to deliver on those objectives and work closely with the Game Evangelist, Web Developer and IT group internally, plus external vendors and partners.
· Develop, grow, manage, maintain and ensure success of all Irrational’s community and web destinations.
· Develop and deliver promotional campaigns that generate traffic and awareness through frequent delivery of content, SEO optimization, online media buys, contests and promotions.
· Provide leadership to grow Irrational’s online community and to reward the online community’s efforts.
· Develop strategies to engage and motivate Irrational Games’ most active online advocates, with formats including contests, promotional programs, offline events and convention presence.
· Ensure that a positive online community environment is maintained and reflects Irrational’s commitment to excellent customer service, by providing guidance for forum moderation.
· Make our forums an engaging destination for our fans by ensuring developer interaction, rewarding our most frequent users and promoting conversation and shared experiences.
· Coordinate development of the required interactive tools by collaborating with the production and web development teams.
· Provide long-term strategic planning for our overall online presence, including an outline of our goals, strategies, budget and content needs.
· Constantly analyze and document the performance and effectiveness of all promotional campaign content.
· Constantly evaluate our platforms to increase their technical performance and usability.
· Constantly identify and pursue new opportunities in the interactive space.
· Assist staff in identifying and using online tools to help them achieve their goals related to their position.
· Work with the development team, the marketing team and external parties to ensure a frequent delivery of updates and features.
· Coordinate the efforts of evangelists, employees, external agencies and forum moderators so that projects are executed efficiently and in a timely manner.
· Create detailed weekly and monthly community reports for internal stakeholders, outlining recent progress and future initiatives.
· Stay abreast of new tools, best practices and competitive activity so that Irrational Games can continue to be on the forefront of new web developments.
· Participate in professional networking by following the prominent bloggers, online writers and web seminars.
· At least 5 years of online marketing and community manager experience, developing interactive campaigns and websites.
· At least 2 years of experience on a management level.
· Passionate about community management, social media and interactive marketing.
· Experienced gamer with an understanding of competitive products and online communities.
· Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Self-motivated, with ability to work independently.
· Driven to help the company achieve its objectives, approaching the role as serving an internal client.
· Experience in managing and tasking direct reports, as well as indirect reports and external groups.
· Strong planning, project management and analytical skills.
· Working knowledge of HTML and HTML-editing programs, Microsoft Office, and basic knowledge of Photoshop.
· Applicants should have a topical understanding of and be prepared to use: SEO, Lithium, Rowfeeder, Meltwater, PitchEngine, Crimson Hexagon, peerFluence or other reputation management/WOM measurement products, bulletin board management/forum software, social media platforms, seeding and online community marketing strategies.