Video Gaming Technologies, Inc. (VGT) is a leading manufacturer of games for Class II and emerging gaming markets, for games like Live-Call® Bingo, the top-earning, bingo based Class II gaming platform for Native American casinos. Driven by innovation, VGT creates exciting game titles that generate intense customer loyalty and record-setting gaming revenues.
Since 1991, VGT has experienced unparalleled growth. In 2005 alone, the company made top billing on the INC 500 list, the magazine’s annual list of the Country’s fastest growing private companies. Become a part of this exciting and thriving industry, enjoy the local culture, and a great work environment we have planned for you at their new corporate headquarters, located just South of Nashville, TN.
VGT has partnered with Futurestep, a global recruitment firm, to help us find great talent like you!
The Game Designer works with studio management, artistic staff, and technical staff to create the game vision and player experience for company product and for the company as a whole. This position will be the ultimate advocate for the player experience and will work with the rest of the team to take the vision and create great games. This position will also interact with company stakeholders to ensure delivery of industry leading experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads in designing all aspects of multiple games simultaneously including entertainment, pacing, and overall fun factor.
· Leads development team as Product Owner and creates the vision for game play and entertainment.
· Interfaces with company stakeholders to set customer and company expectations.
· Works with team to create game development backlog.
· Works with Compliance to create understanding of jurisdictional requirements.
· Researches and disseminates information on game play in gaming, lottery, and entertainment fields.
· Works to identify and understand target demographics.
· Initiates, fosters, and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external development organizations critical to both the current and future product development processes.
· Monitors game performance and feedback from the field for continuous improvement.
· Manages external development efforts with external vendors for outsourced games.
· Help develop patentable ideas.
· Responsible for supplying feedback for the performance of associates in the group.
· Understands VGT’s product life cycle model thoroughly and improves as necessary.
· Provides leadership on market trends, patterns and customer requirements. Attends tradeshows and seminars to maintain and improve knowledge.
· Mentors other development staff on the team and as well as other Game Designers.
· Demonstrable team leadership experience with a team of both artistic and technical people required.
· Experience developing in an Agile and Scrum environment preferred.
· Strong eye for style and experience consistency.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Experience developing mathematical, puzzle, or slot games.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must work well in a collaboratively, creative environment with constructive conflict.
· Ability to adapt to change.
Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering, Art, or Mathematics
· At least 4-5 years’ experience in developing video, casino, or lottery games
· At least 1 year of current casino and slot game development experience.
· At least 4-5 years’ experience in leading game development.
The physical demands of typical office positions are expected. The ability to sit and perform terminal/computer work for lengthy periods is expected.
This is a non-smoking office environment.