Senior Lead Engineer
The Senior Lead Software Engineer works within the Game Development organization on the creation of compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of the Senior Lead Software Engineer is managing the engineering efforts of the software development discipline within a Game Development Studio. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all software related tasks assigned to the studio. The Senior Lead Software Engineer also represent the game studio on a technical front in the on-going engineering efforts across Product Development. The Lead Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, the producer or manager of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other software leads and department management on cross department initiatives related to quality and implementing uniform technology approaches to solving problems
- Work with management to assign tasks to the software engineers in the team
- Develop project schedules and monitor project progress in conjunction with management
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members as needed for completion of work items
- Work with team members on technical and professional skills to enable career growth for team members
- Assist all software engineers with hands on code implementation as needed on a project by project basis
- Assist all software engineers with code architecture and design as needed on projects
- Proactively seek out information on technical initiatives within the company to ensure the team is working towards long term company goals
- Conduct general management duties of the software engineers in the team including yearly performance evaluations
- Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals.
- Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes.
- Develop expert level knowledge of WMS’s code libraries (FW, Featurette’s, OS services)
- Develop expert level knowledge of WMS’s development environment, tools, and utilities
- Lead the development of new/innovative game play features and interfaces
- Lead the development of features for use in WMS’s common code libraries (framework, featurettes, OS) as needed for game implementation.
- Maintain up to date Knowledge on new programming methods and new software technologies.
This Job is no longer active!