Principal Software Engineer - Rendering and Tolls
The Principal Software Engineer works within the Middleware organization on the video rendering and tools team to support compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. The Principle Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the lead engineer or manager of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop expert knowledge on the WMS video libraries to add/support features for game development
- Develop the expert level knowledge of WMS’s video tool chain, and learn to support the studios on its usage
- Make contributions towards development and performance improvements in our system
- Maintain up to date knowledge on new programming methods, best coding practices, and new software technologies in 2D and 3D graphics.
- Create high quality software in a timely manner for the support of casino game products.
- Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes.
- Provide technical expertise to the team and assist lead engineers in mentoring junior team members.
Education Bachelor/s Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Object Oriented Programming
- C++ or Java
- Software Design
- 7 years of professional programming experience
- C++, Java or equivalent
- 3D programming
- Object Oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
- Embedded systems experience preferred
- Game Development experience preferred
- GLSL experience preferred
- Experience in UI development
- Linux/Unix experience preferred
- TDD experience preferred
- Software design and architecture experience preferred
This Job is no longer active!