Core member of the software staff to create software in accordance with the capabilities of the platform and the requirements of the project. Takes initiative and is accountable for the timely completion and high quality of all assigned tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
· Complete assigned projects in timely and high quality fashion
· Actively contribute to the ongoing software design and development process of the studio and department.
· Assist in the development of any technical strategies as required.
· Review code assignments with the studio’s Lead Software Engineer.
· Develop designs for assigned tasks based upon the architecture, specifications and requirements provided by the Studio Lead: Software’s direction
· Write clear, well-commented code and verify that completed code performs as expected and the design is fully implemented.
· Creat or update documentation related to new features, interfaces, usage, etc.
· Review all completed tasks with quality, consistency and performance in mind.
· Provide the Studio Lead: Software and Studio Producer with timely accurate reports.
· Communicate all needs to the Studio Lead: Software, providing as much advance notice as possible.
· Maintain effective communication with team members and other appropriate personnel.
· Monitor the technical and game design process and appropriately communicating and feedback
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of the platform hardware, libraries, development environment, tools, and utilities.
· Maintain understanding of competitive products and technology.
· Understand the production process and its many dependencies.