Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer works within the Game Development organization on the creation of compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this positions is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. The Senior Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the lead engineer or manager of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create high quality software in a timely manner for casino game products.
- Works independently to design and implement solutions for games and projects of high complexity.
- Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals.
- Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes.
- Develop a strong knowledge of WMS’s code libraries (FW, Featurette’s, OS services)
- Develop a strong knowledge of WMS’s development environment, tools, and utilities
- Lead the development of new/innovative game play features and interfaces
- Contribute to the development of WMS’s common code libraries (framework, featurettes, OS) as needed for game implementation.
Education Bachelor/s Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Object Oriented Programming
- C++ or Java
- Software Design
- 4 years of professional programming experience
- C++, Java or equivalent
- Object Oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
- Embedded systems experience preferred
- Game Development experience preferred
- Experience in UI development
- Linux/Unix experience preferred
- TDD experience preferred
- Software design and architecture experience preferred
This Job is no longer active!