Associate Software Engineer
Participate in the engineering effort of major R&D projects and contribute to the development of new technologies. Write code to support the delivery of new features and functionality as well as improve existing features and functionality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engineer new code, enhance existing code, and assist in the development of coding standards, processes, and techniques.
- Work with engineering lead to review software implementation plans.
- Develop designs for assigned tasks based upon the architecture, specifications, and requirements provided by the engineering lead.
- Verify that completed code performs as expected and is fully implemented.
- Create and update documentation related to new features, interfaces, and usage.
- Submit project reports to the lead engineer as required.
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- 0 to 2 years C/C++ development experience (depends on degree held) that demonstrates an understanding and usage of solid-coding techniques, documentation, and managing the overall technical integrity of a code-base including portability, extensibility, and testability.
- Experience with a compiler/development-environment and tools.
- Development experience in Linux/Unix. Windows a plus.
- Experience with open source desirable.
- An understanding and applicable experience in the following knowledge areas: -Network Protocols (TCP/IP) -Tools Building -Wireless Communications -Network and Software Security
This Job is no longer active!