Senior Prncipal Software Engineer
Job Summary: The Senior Principal Software Engineer works within the Game Development organization on the creation of compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this positions is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. Additional responsiblities include: mentoring junior team members, leading code archtitectrure for new game products and contributing to the software and technology direction of the Product Development organization. The Senior Principle Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the lead engineer or manager of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create high quality software in a timely manner for casino game products.
- Works independently to design and implement solutions for games and projects of high complexity.
- Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals.
- Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes.
- Develop expert level knowledge of WMS’s code libraries (FW, Featurette’s, OS services)
- Develop expert level knowledge of WMS’s development environment, tools, and utilities
- Lead the development of new/innovative game play features and interfaces
- Lead the development of features for use in WMS’s common code libraries (framework, featurettes, OS) as needed for game implementation.
- Maintain up to date Knowledge on new programming methods and new software technologies.
- Provide technical expertise to the team and assist lead engineers in mentoring junior team members.
- Work with senior management in Game Development to plan forward looking technology strategies.
- Represent Game Development technology needs to other WMS organizations as needed.
Education Bachelor/s Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Object Oriented Programming
- C++ or Java
- Software Design
- 10 years of professional programming experience
- C++, Java or equivalent
- Object Oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
This Job is no longer active!