World Designer, New York
As a World Designer at Avalanche Studios your work will be focused around what you like to do the most: creating beautiful and exciting open worlds! With the support and direction from the Lead Designer you will work closely in a cross discipline scrum team and craft the world from a blank sheet of paper to a finished product. This is a great opportunity to shine through with the design and placement of all the elements which make a world feels real and meaningful for the player; from terraforming to placement of buildings, vegetation and any other landmarks you’ll be responsible for the believability and the gameplay valence of our world. Avalanche Studios is developing for both current and next gen platforms.
- 3+ years industry experience as a Designer
- One or more game titles shipped as a Designer
- Artistic background
- Python and/or LUA (or similar) scripting experience
- Comfortable working with heightmaps
- Working experience of giving feedback to other designers (as well as accepting constructive criticism)
- You’re articulate, have strong conceptual skills and the ability to communicate your ideas visually and verbally
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
This Job is no longer active!