The Compositing Supervisor (Film) plays a key role in driving the overall direction of the 2D department as well as building up a world class compositing team. He/she will be responsible for the management of the compositing team, the quality of the compositing work and the overview and development of the 2D pipeline across Film, TV and Digital Projects. Working closely with the VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor, and VFX Producer the Compositing Supervisor communicates and delegates the compositing needs of the project (s) to the compositing team as well as represents the voice of the compositing crew with respect to workload and pipeline environment. The Compositing Supervisor will still lead by example and maintain a hands on compositing role, but also take on project specific duties including monitoring shot and overall project progress. The overall aim for the Compositing Supervisor is to build and lead a team that is well known as a great place to work, where there are opportunities for each compositor to learn and grow as well as produce great work in a collaborative environment.
• Proven experience in recruiting, training and mentoring a team of compositors
• Ability to brief/mentor junior/mid/senior level talent and to cast shots appropriately
• Responsibility for the quality of the work of the team as a whole
• Compositing shots and sequences to a finished standard
• Work proactively and collaboratively with all other VFX and support departments
• Take full responsibility for the work of the compositing team
• Work closely with production to bid and schedule work
• Attend client reviews, and lead daily reviews with the compositing team
• On Set VFX supervision for (but not limited to) 2D based projects
• Balance the creative and technical aspect of each shot/sequence
• Solve any difficult technical & artistic compositing challenges
• Color pipeline management and 2d workflow as it integrates with DI, CG, DMP
• Take a leadership role in guiding the longer term goals of the 2D department, covering both building up a team of compositors as well as 2D pipeline development including taking into account stereoscopic projects.
• Deep understanding of film VFX process and pipeline.
• Knowledge and experience in stereoscopic projects - native and post stereo.
• 8 + years experience in Compositing predominately in film. TV and commercials experience also relevant.
• Expert user of Nuke plus other compositing software
• Critical eye for detail and a beautiful compositing showreel
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proven artist management and leadership skills
• Experience in recruiting and building up a 2D team.
• Highly organized and calm under pressure
• Solid negotiation skills and works in a collaborative manner with all departments
• Lighting photography core skills
• On set VFX supervision experience
This Job is no longer active!