Postdoctoral Fellowship: Visual Analytics and Mobile Computing
OCAD University is seeking an enthusiastic, team-focused researcher trained in computer science or engineering, with knowledge of mobile computing and graphics computing with capacity to develop visual analytics (data visualization). The position is a full time, two year appointment. Working closely with OCAD University PI, Dr. Sara Diamond, the postdoctoral fellow will play a coordinating role for OCAD University’s overall engagement with a multi-institutional and international project as well as undertaking research in the project. They will be a member of the Centre for Information Visualization and Data Driven Design at OCAD University.
Project Details: The Design of Mobile Natural Interfaces for Visualization and Management of Large Patient Databases represents a multi-year research partnership between the Federal University of Sao Carlos (UFSCar), The Boeing Company, MITACS, three Canadian universities (OCAD U, UBC, and Dalhousie U), and a special chronic care hospital in Brazil for individuals with neurological and brain disorders. The project focuses on developing tools for health care professionals and administrators responsible for transitioning patients to live in society again. As changes in the therapeutic procedures for patients mean changes in the working procedures for health professionals, we will design tools to enhance interaction among health professionals and support them to create a more connected, tuned and active community, with specific attention to designing for managing and visualizing large quantities of patient and administrative data within the nomadic context of their work and therapeutic tools to use with patients.
• Work closely with Dr Sara Diamond to design and conduct research in the areas of (i) visual analytic tools, (ii) mobile applications, and (iii) interface and experience design;
• Develop mobile applications to support the hospital employees and visual analytics designs that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide computational leadership for tools development.
• Administer and coordinate research teams of graduate and undergraduate students for this project.
• Provide team-based coordination with other teams and industrial partners.
• Conduct literature reviews in the above research areas, in addition to relevant theories and methods for user centered and participatory design
• Supervise evaluations of work flow and strategic foresight
• Design usability evaluations with OCAD U researchers and larger team and conduct with hospital employees
• Contribute to (and benefit from) the work of the Centre for Innovation in Information Visualization and Data Driven Design (a joint project of OCAD University, York University and the University of Toronto)
• Publish research results in key academic journals and conference proceedings
This Job is no longer active!