QA MANAGER - IRRATIONAL GAMES
Irrational Games is looking for a talented, passionate individual to lead our quality assurance effort. The QA Manager will ensure high-quality user experiences for all Irrational Games titles and serve as the main point of contact to coordinate both internal and external test teams. This person will develop internal best-testing procedures, test plans, and manage the day-to-day efforts of the internal and external test teams by allocating resources effectively and maintaining a productive and efficient test team through test cycles.
The QA Manager’s primary focus will be on providing QA testing support for the Irrational Games development team. This person should be able to identify and implement solutions for any development-side QA needs or problems, which include but are not limited to reproducing issues, delivering new builds, and testing changes. The QA Manager will be expected to collaborate with the publisher-side QA teams to ensure full testing coverage on Irrational Games products prior to ship.
· Manage and lead day-to-day, developer-focused quality assurance operations.
· Oversee and manage a QA team of 20 to 40 members.
· Create and execute general and specific test plans to ensure proper testing of all features and aspects of games.
· Continually provide excellent quality assurance in a highly dynamic environment by abiding by QA best practices and principles.
· Manage one or multiple defect-tracking databases and provide training to both development team and QA team users as needed.
· Act as point of contact for external testing teams and train them in our internal testing procedures either on site or remotely as needed.
· Manage the relationship with external or off-site testing groups.
· Manage the execution of the daily build process, making sure that the daily build is properly executed so as to ensure daily development operations.
· Ensure quality on other Irrational Games releases, not just our games.
· Be directly involved with reviewing and hiring new QA staff.
· Monitor and evaluate performance of all team members, ensuring that they can always perform at the highest levels.
· Be an internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA. Identify and clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
· Conduct usability, functionality, performance, and load testing as needed.
· In collaboration with external testing partners, build schedules and budgets to test games and meet them.
· Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality-assurance practices, understanding the needs of the development team, and incorporating new strategies.