The Technical Animator is responsible for rigging animated characters and props, maintaining, supporting and developing the production pipeline and assisting animators with the troubleshooting of technical issues which arise during the production process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for rigging animated characters and props.
- Troubleshoots technical issues which animators may encounter related to character setups, referencing, fur, clothing, particle effects, and rendering.
- Maintains, supports and continually develops the production pipeline.
- Creates tools and procedures, such as custom scripts, to expedite the production process.
- Maintains, updates and monitors the network and render farm set-up in a multi-OS environment.
- Supports and coordinates tasks with multiple departments, including Animation, Videography, Graphic Design, and Web Development.
- Performs research and development related to technical, artistic and conceptual issues.
- Ensures software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Animation or related field. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- CG Production Pipeline experience and extensive experience with Maya (and Maya API), Mel and Python.
- Knowledge of CG and how Maya can interact with other tools within production.
- Knowledge of Macintosh, Windows and Linux operating systems strongly preferred.
- Industry experience in developing large software and/or hardware systems.
- Shell Scripting (csh,sh), Perl scripting, C, C++.
- Object-oriented development experience.
- Ability to resolve problems, establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Willingness and ability to utilize pre-established libraries and modules for code consistency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This Job is no longer active!